Wildlife Tax Valuation Forms

Applying for the wildlife tax valuation requires several forms to be submitted to the Central Appraisal District office in the Texas County where the property is located. Keep in mind that a property must have a 1-d-1 ag tax valuation to be converted to a wildlife management use tax valuation. To convert an existing agricultural appraisal on a tract of land from a traditional agricultural practice over to wildlife management, two forms must be completed and submitted to the county’s Central Appraisal District Office. The first required form is a new 1-d-1 Open Space Appraisal Application. This form can often be obtained from your county’s office and it’s absolutely necessary that it be filed.

Wildlife Tax Valuation Exemption Forms

Wildlife Management Use: Form Two

The second form is a Wildlife Management Plan that details the goals and objectives for your land that specifically outlines the qualifying management practices that will be implemented on the land to maintain a wildlife tax valuation. Landowners must implement at least three of the seven management practices annually. All forms must be completed and submitted to your county’s Chief Appraiser before May 1 of each year.

These wildlife tax valuation forms are overwhelming for many land owners. It is recommended that property owners not familiar with wildlife management and/or the wildlife management use tax valuation consult with a wildlife professional to ensure that the forms are properly completed to ensure a successful transition, as well as to prevent the loss of the ag tax property appraisal.